Tuesday 8 September 2015

Forget what you have been told!

Ok,let's start from the beginning:
While growing up I was (like most of you) told that I should prepare to struggle,suffer and not  to expect much because life is simply- hard. It seemed to me like any sort of fun and enjoyment was expected from"spoiled ones thar don't know life" and judged somehow like its a sin to be happy and have all you wish for. I remember how society was referring to few successful ones like they number one category of sinners attaching different kind of colorful names to them (ritualist,thief,criminal,etc)
But then.......Then I grew up a bit and started finding all this kind of ,well..annoying! Are we really brought into this world to play a role of a victim? Why is it acceptable to complain,moan and cry because of "life being hard and unfair " but people laugh at you,call you crazy and telling you to stop dreaming and face reality when you tell them about your super high ambitions and plans (my parents used to do that a lot) ??
The truth I discovered is that life is nothing but reflection of your beliefs. If you expect rough times to happen to you,then-guess what? Prepare to receive what you settled for! Happiness and Suffering are such a relative categories,they have absolutely nothing to do with how much we have or lack,they are not product of circumstances but our points  of view. 
If you take a piece of paper and write all things you are blessed with and all beautiful miracles that are constantly happening in your life,all this times you were saved and protected,you will understand how unfair is to complain about life and refer to it as "suffering struggle".
Let's start this journey with grateful heart thanking for this magical beautiful life we got. 
Step 1: 
I want you to say it on loud,every day,to feel it in your chest ,in your bones,in your heart : "My unique amazing life,I love you,thank You for being so generous to me!"
You will see how right attitude and perception about life in general will change and affect every other segment of your life. 
That's a foundation of change you want to see!

10 comments:

  1. Hi, I am so happy you have finally decided to own a blog. It's great. And I'm glad too. I would make sure I visit this every morning when I wake up.

    I'm a fan and a follower on IG. And immediately i saw your post about your blog, i just wanted to reach out to you fast because i feel the need to tell you something important about blogging.

    But because i couldnt reach out to you and i dont know how long it would take to get ur attention, i took a step (which i feel is a good one cos im a fan of urs). I bought 2 domain names on ur behalf.

    1. soniaogbonna.com
    2. ogbonnasonia.com

    I did that because i believe soon, some one out there might buy the domain name and want to resell to you in future. (Just the way Linda Ikeji cant have her lindaikeji.com domain again). So incase you'd like to have it, Its yours. Kindly reply this comment and reach out to me.

    Its a generous act and since you inspire me on IG, i decided to do that for you.

    THIS IS NOT A SCAM/SPAM/419.

    I am not a robot.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad there are like minds that believe that what limits us is not our circumstances but our beliefs. God bless your efforts.
    EbonyTolah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspiring πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It's really inspiring. You are truly God's sent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just what we needed. IG was so small for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so inspiring.... God bless u dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is inspiring, thanks Sonia.I band all forms the societal discrimination around me

    ReplyDelete