Thursday 12 November 2015

How My Husband Helped Me Get Out Of Depression

I suffered serious depression for a while and thanks to my husband,his love,support and words of wisdom I finally got to pull myself together and understand life way better. He helped me spot mistakes and behavior I was practicing that was only helping me sink into depression more and more. And I wasn't even aware!At some point I felt like I was drowning in my own emotions,chocking on my own words and that terrible feeling of helplessness.

Than I had one of these endless conversations with my man where I was pouring my heart out,all the confusion,insecurities,fears,anger that was in me. From where? I have no idea. But he understood what was wrong. He spotted the source of my depression when I didn't even get to see it myself and what he told me really changed my life in a way.

So holding on to the past basically suffocate all the joy,genuine happiness,peace,and enjoyment of the moment you are actually living and it can sabotage and block all good things and blessings that are on the way to meet you in future. In no time it can turn you into a bitter,sad,helpless person,very unpleasant to be around.

How it actually happens?

1) We tend to idealize our past

Was I the only one? I used to remember some moments from past as wayyyy more perfect than they really were in reality. That popular "Good old times" syndrome. Let's try remember them "good old times" well well... Hmmm.. Think better! Hold on,wait a minute-they actually were not THAT "good" all the way yeah?

But somehow,all bad moments,struggles,tears,problems from that period vanished from our memories  and we blindly compare every moment we are experiencing now to idealized,unrealistic past we created in our minds that never let any moment in our present look "that amazing" or "that special" again.

The idealized past steals the whole shine from our present  and instead we breathe in every single moment we facing here and now,open our eyes and hearts to the all beautiful,magical miracles and magnificent moments that are happening to us and around us,we throw it all away in the name of "how it used to be" and silly feelings of painful nostalgia mixed with regrets and idea that "things will never be the same"/"It could have been so much better". 

Common love! Get over it.Wake up. Set yourself free. Don't trade your  today for illustrations of your past. Besides,things are only getting better anyways. Let this unique,special,amazing,irreplaceable "today" bring smile on your face! 

2) We tend to bring negative memories from our past to our present. 

Doesn't matter how long ago something bad happened to us,if we still think of it intensively,we are going through it over and over again. That's the fact.
If you faced painful disappointment,betrayal,heartbreak,and you tend to bring it out very often,it will definitely push present and all good things,magnificent experiences and blessings it might bring and replace it with toxic piece of your past that you let happen over and over again. In your head of course. If you think of negative experiences you been through so intensively,It   won't let you rest,it won't help you get peace and joy nether will let you prosper and move forward.
It will blind you from seeing all good things,magical moments and it won't let you live your life. You won't be free,you will be a prisoner of your past and negative things that are performing no where else but in your head only. Such a joy and great life opportunities killer.
Give yourself a chance to move on and be happy!
You are a hero not a victim!

Whatever we been through was meant to prepare us for what is coming. It all happened in our favor and for sake of making us better. Andddd- that's pretty much it! End of the story. Now feel free,leave past where it belongs- in the past!

Focus on what you want. Focus on present. Enjoy every moment. Talk about amazing future plans,good things that are happening,count your blessings. Smile . Laugh. Have fun. Think good thoughts. Positive ones. Get excited. Start acting like you expect good news every day. Don't be surprised when you start hearing them plenty. 

That's just life.
You create it,you shape it according your own taste with power of your thoughts and words. Nobody else can do it but you. 

"You get what you focus on,so focus on what you want!"

P.S. Thank you baby <3

12 comments:

  1. Interesting article thanks a lot for this๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honesty and openess Sonia. Sometimes when we are going through things we think we are the only ones in that situation. Before I stumbled onto your block I was severely depressed and suicidal. Reading your story makes me hopeful for the future. Thank you for sharing, stay strong and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome,thanks for participation! Much love

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.. you welcome mom. Love u

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. you welcome mom. Love u

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needed this. Thank u. God bless u
    And your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Needed this. Thank u. God bless u
    And your family

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I actually needed such words right now thanks alot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. ... can't seem to let go of my past. . Am definitely working on it. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete