Thursday 12 November 2015

Justice For Thickness And Curves !

I want to ask y'all.. Is it fair?

Must a curvy woman hide her body shape to avoid criticism and judgmental comments?

If a slim lady wears the same tight dress,the same jeans,the same bikini,if she poses in a way that shows her back it's ok and its not "vulgar" and her dressing is not "attention seeking" or "shameless" or "inappropriate". But if thick woman wore EXACTLY the same piece,she would be "advised" to "cover up".

Pffff what a double standard! 

Y'all let women be. Especially you women should let women be!

We all have a unique and special beauty. We are ll different!And there is no better feeling than being comfortable in your own skin.

The truth is,self confidence doesn't just happen to us over night. It takes ages to be built. Tough work my friends! Since puberty we face and later on try to fight million and one insecurity when it comes to our physical appearance and we are constantly being pressured by so called "beauty standards " and other people's opinion about how we suppose to look like plus massive media that is making an ordinary girl feel so bad and uncomfortable in her own skin. Finding and felling in love with yourself is such a long,bumpy journey.

And than ,finally,once you sense confidence and boldness in a woman that is capable of loving  and flaunting  herself proudly,you tend to put her on blast trying so hardly to break that confidence she has in her. 

"Can't she value her body?". "Why all this exposing?"
Let me guess..... Inappropriate right? 

Let me tell you what's inappropriate:
To be ashamed of your body and hide under "moral norms" to criticize others that are not.

Inappropriate is to try to bring someone,anyone, down because it seems so difficult to bring yourself up.

Inappropriate is  to be a female that's not capable of giving a compliment to another woman . 

My ladies. Let nobody bring you down. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your femaleness,grace and sexuality. You need to feel good about yourself. And most of all,you need to know what defines you as a human being and build an unconditional love with a person in the mirror,love that nobody and nothing can shake,break or affect.

Love you.


12 comments:

  1. Love it and soo true.. it took me years to love my body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true. ..i wsh all could put it out the wat you dd...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about those who don't have curves and nice shape,Any help ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice shape is relative. As long as you feel good in your skin,it's all that matters!

      Delete
    2. Thnks Sonia.. God bless you

      Delete
  6. Thank God for this post ...

    Currently I'm in Nigeria to visit my Bf ( he is Igbo ) and I'm South African ,., So im curvy , size 34 ass n small waist stuff �� So on Friday I wore shorts not bum short hey , and crop top and he made me change , he said Nigerians would say I'm an "Ashawo" and that people that dress like that are not from a descent homes, must all my clothes show my shape , I got 2 hours lecture .. We need to go shopping for lose clothes blah blah , , I could not help it but cry so hard ����.. What must happen now and I love him ��

    My first time on the blog ... I love it Sonia ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I can only imagine! SA girls and bodies thou! Thank you so much! Kisses

      Delete
  7. Let's not forget to address the religious and cultural issues attached to it. To some seeing curves makes them feel uncomfortable and they tend to address it in their own way by body shamming.
    There are actually a lot of questions attached to this topic.is there a moral dress code? A lot of answers are attached to the question depending on the way every woman sees herself and not the way the world sees her. But then man(everyone) is also a being for the world not just a being for himself. It's just twisted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yh its twisted..
      I agree with u..
      Religious n cultural factors cnt be completely ignored

      Delete